At Precision Dentistry, the safety of our patients and staff is our number one priority. With the guidance from British Columbia Dental Association and College of Dental Surgeons of BC we have reopened as of June 1, 2020. Although many things have changed, one thing remained the same: our commitment to your well-being. Our team has been working hard in our preparation to reopen the clinic.
As you know infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the BC Dental Association (BCDA) and Canadian Dental Association (CDA). We remain up to date on any new guidance that may be issued.
In order to help protect our patients and staff we have implemented some measures and new protocol such as the following:
- Two weeks prior to your appointment you will be required to answer some screening questions related to COVID-19. The same questions will be asked again when you are in the office.
- Upon entering the clinic, we will provide you hand sanitizer, to sanitize your hands. The assistant will take your temperature and ask you to rinse your mouth with a hydrogen peroxide solution.
- The waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys as such items are difficult to clean.
- To minimize the number of people in the office we ask that only the patient booked in for treatment comes into the clinic (exceptions will be made for parents with a young child or any others requiring assistance).
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. Greater times between appointments will be in place to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We have enhanced PPE procedures – including surgical gowns, face shields, masks and gloves. Furthermore, our operatories are spacious with windows and air filtration systems.
Be assured that our team is staying current with the latest updates and health guidelines regarding COVID-19, as it is an evolving situation. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (604) 597 0555 or visit our website at www.precisiondentistry.ca
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time. We value your trust and look forward to your safe return to our clinic.
Dr. Boparai & Precision Dentistry Team